Supervisor of Warehouse
As a Warehouse Supervisor at Tribeca Cabinetry, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse and ensuring efficient and accurate handling of inventory. Your role will involve leading a team of warehouse associates, coordinating tasks, and maintaining a smooth workflow. You will be responsible for monitoring inventory levels, optimizing storage space, and implementing effective inventory control procedures. Additionally, you will oversee shipping and receiving activities, ensuring proper documentation, timely shipments, and accurate order fulfillment. As a supervisor, you will provide guidance and support to the warehouse team, promote a culture of safety and excellence, and collaborate with other departments to achieve overall operational goals.
- Supervise warehouse operations, including shipping, receiving, storage, and inventory management.
- Lead and motivate a team of warehouse associates, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback.
- Monitor inventory levels, track stock movements, and ensure accurate inventory records.
- Implement and enforce inventory control procedures to minimize discrepancies and loss.
- Optimize storage space and layout to maximize efficiency and accessibility.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving activities, ensuring timely and accurate order fulfillment.
- Collaborate with logistics providers, carriers, and suppliers to facilitate smooth inbound and outbound shipments.
- Oversee proper handling, packing, and labeling of products to maintain quality standards.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to ensure compliance with safety and quality protocols.
- Resolve operational issues, such as inventory discrepancies, order delays, and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse environment, adhering to safety regulations and cleanliness standards.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as production and customer service, to meet overall operational goals.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field; relevant certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience in warehouse management or a similar leadership role within a warehouse environment.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse operations, inventory management, and logistics processes.
- Proficiency in using warehouse management systems (WMS) and other relevant software applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify areas for improvement and implement effective solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and the ability to ensure compliance and promote a culture of safety.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy in inventory management and documentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time – Salaried
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends