Inventory Control Specialist
As an Inventory Control Specialist at Tribeca Cabinetry, you will play a crucial role in maintaining accurate inventory records and ensuring efficient inventory management practices. Your responsibilities will involve monitoring inventory levels, reconciling stock discrepancies, and implementing control measures to minimize inventory variances. You will collaborate with various departments to optimize inventory processes and support overall operational goals. Your strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and ability to work with inventory management systems will contribute to the success of the company’s inventory control operations.
- Monitor inventory levels, track stock movements, and maintain accurate inventory records.
- Conduct regular audits and cycle counts to verify inventory accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in inventory records through thorough research and analysis.
- Implement inventory control procedures to minimize variances, loss, and stockouts.
- Collaborate with procurement and production teams to ensure optimal inventory levels to meet demand.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to manage inventory replenishment and ensure timely deliveries.
- Analyze inventory data to identify slow-moving or obsolete items and recommend appropriate actions.
- Generate reports on inventory performance, including stock levels, turnover rates, and stockouts.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining an efficient barcode or RFID scanning system for inventory tracking.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize warehouse layout, storage, and picking processes.
- Participate in the implementation and training of inventory management systems or software.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and advancements in inventory control techniques.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field is preferred; relevant certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience in inventory control or related roles within a warehouse or distribution environment.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in using inventory management systems and software.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in inventory tracking, data entry, and record-keeping.
- Understanding of inventory control principles, techniques, and best practices.
- Ability to perform data analysis and generate meaningful reports using spreadsheet software.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of barcode scanning systems and familiarity with inventory control technologies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal teams and external partners.
- Problem-solving abilities to identify root causes of inventory discrepancies and implement corrective actions.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time – Salaried
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends